Looking back at 2016, we cannot help being incredibly proud of what DC Immersion achieved. With the help of countless, passionate volunteers and strong partner organizations, we
- educated many more DC residents on the benefits and challenges of bilingual education,
- partnered with local Universities to conduct much needed research,
- educated our decision makers on the policy aspects of bilingual education systems and globally desirable workforce,
- created a larger and stronger network of professionals of dual language education and supported their programs, and
- were instrumental in the opening of the first language immersion program east of the river.
Oh, and we were quoted by three major national newspapers while doing so.
Our deepest gratitude goes to all of you for your hands on support and belief in the vision of a DC where all residents are linguistically and culturally competent, and equipped to take on the world.