We are thought leaders, we do research, we educate communities, and we provide technical assistance to schools and educators.
Our values underpin everything we do.
- Equitable access to quality education is key
- Our approach is grounded in data and analysis, and leverages local and national best practices
- We work collaboratively and across traditional and charter public and private sectors
- We operate District-wide and are respectful of the needs of individual communities, and the linguistic and cultural heritage of all DC residents
- We support both exisiting and new programs
- We are open to all languages and cultures
- We believe in the power of multigenerational education and cross cultural communication
- We are big picture – education must be linked to jobs and DC’s economy, and is a lifelong endeavor