DC Immersion is looking for interns to power our day-to-day work and become future pillars of the community of professionals supporting multilingual education in DC.
Immediate start for a minimum of four months and ideally much longer. Part-time or Full-time, unpaid position with travel stipend provided (metro card for transportation to and from office). Located at DC Immersion’s offices at 1816 12th Street NW.
Because we are a small and nimble team, in addition to the specific job descriptions below, we expect all members of the team to pick up some of the administrative tasks and lend their support to others during crunch times. All interns participate in weekly staff meetings and take notes at internal and external meetings. Interns report to the Outreach Strategist.
Our internship team partakes in a collaborative experience where they get to learn from experts in the field, from our amazing leadership team, make invaluable connections, join us at important events all while getting your daily dose of caffeine (or tea)!
In addition to a sense of humor, all interns must:
- have strong organizational skills and be detail oriented
- have strong analytical skills
- work well independently
- have solid linguistic and cultural competency skills
- be kind
- conduct research on potential donors (individuals, foundations, and corporations), map out, conduct background research and solicit
- identify and research tools to strengthen the team’s ability to conduct thorough and accurate prospect research
- assist in creation of a fundraising strategy
- assist in scheduling and preparation of development materials for funder meetings
- support participant and volunteer recruitment and retention efforts
- identify, research and solicit local and national businesses for sponsorships, partnership and in-kind donations
- write grant and sponsorship applications
- enter and update all donation, contact and organization information in chosen database
- assist in drafting donor communications including acknowledgment letters to donors
- help organize Board meetings
- prepare and organize materials for fundraising events
- write and interview prospective stories
- assist in developing and executing social media strategy to build or expand presence on Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter and Instagram
- draft monthly e-newsletter
- write regular website posts and updates
- edit videos
- build list of influencers list by media
- update press contact lists and assist with other contact management activities
- track news coverage of relevant issues
- develop media advisories and press releases
- update database of e-newsletter recipients and track reach and targeting of legislators, education agencies and advocacy groups
- provide quality control on all external materials, ensuring consistency of message and style
- respond to information requests
- assist with compiling reports on the organization’s communications activities and metrics to inform recommendations on how we can best reach and engage our target audiences.
- support event planning and execution and draft recaps of events
[wpforms id=”62784″ title=”false” description=”false”]